CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Breast cancer awareness month

For those of you who know me, you know I am a cancer survivor. I have been "clean" for 6 years last May. It was a horrible time in my life, but with the support of my family and friends I came through it just fine, a few scars, way little breasts (I think Jeff misses them more than me), but I am alive and loving life. Both men and women can get breast cancer and I just want everyone to know that monthly self exams are very important!!! It takes only a few minutes each month and it could very well save your life, hell be creative, make it fun and have your partner check you and visa versa, nobody knows your body better than you and your partner. It really doesn't matter~~~ Just DO IT!!!!!
The Facts:
1. Every 3 minutes a new case of cancer is diagnosed.
2. 95% of early detected cancer cases survive.
3. 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
4. Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women ages 40 to 59.
5. Every 13 minutes a woman dies from breast cancer.
6. Men are not immune. An average of 1500 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer, 400 will die.
7. Every year 210,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
8. The risk of breast cancer rises with age.
9. Early detection saves lives.

My beautiful granddaughter lost her fight with cancer on January 25, 2008 and I would give anything to have a cure that could have saved her!! Donate if you can, tell everyone you can to please be aware and spread the word to everyone you know and you could just save their life.
Here is a picture of beautiful Zariah Lynn Etienne. 11/12/07~~1/25/08 RIP



No comments: