CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

~~Happy Birthday Amberly!~~


Well Princess, you made it to 7 despite me doubting either of us would make it this far. From your tiny little bird beak nose to your crooked funny little toe, I love you more than I could ever tell you.

March of 2005 when you came to live with us you were a very tiny and scared little girl with a shell around her for protection. Do you remember standing in my room at night and waking me up just to make sure I wasn't going to leave you alone? You were so afraid you would wake up and be alone in the house with Libby that you hardly ever slept. I guess we are through with that now because I can't get you up most mornings and you no longer hide behind that shell because you know we are here to protect you and make sure you are never hurt again.

You also only ate cereal, crackers, mac & cheese and candy because that is what you were told that kids eat. It has been a long road, but I am so proud of you for trying new things and you even eat vegetables! That is awesome for this family.
You are still learning that you don't have to be the momma to Libby that you were before and I know it is hard for you to give some of that control up, but you are doing so well and you are a great big sister!

You know things that most 7 year old don't ever need to know, but instead of letting that hurt you, you strive each day to be better in everything you do. You are a super kid and I love being around you.
1 year and 67 days ago you became my forever daughter and I cannot imagine my life without you and your beautiful smile in it. Your beautiful and talented in so many different things and I am so glad you get the chance to shine in all of them.
So keep writing songs, playing ball and reaching for the stars because you can achieve anything you want to. You are smart, funny, caring and just that little bit of tom boy in you that makes you who you are.

We love you tons and hope you have a wonderful 7 year old year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww, happy birthday, sweetie! You are adorable.

Wonderful tribute to Amberly. (Love her name!) I hope her birthday is as special as she is.