The ladies of Momdot are at it again with a new weekly meme called Small Talk Six. Every Saturday a new topic is announced and you respond to each topic with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 photos, or 6 paragraphs, whatever your heart desires. You can check out the Small Talk Six announcement to see all of the pre-scheduled topics for 2009. Don’t forget to stop by and see this weeks responses at MomDot and link up your own.
This week is: 6 pieces of advice that you think are obvious, but some people just need to hear!!
1. Make sure to cover the baby's head. Seriously?? Why would I want to shield him from the rain, snow, wind or skin cooking sun? Now although I don't need to be told this, it seems that every elderly woman I run into has the need to tell me.
2. Just because it comes in your size, does not mean it looks good on you!This advise must be given to every woman over 200 pounds who must wear short shorts and halter tops to hang out at the carnival, racetrack, fair, concert or where ever they may be.
3. When walking your behemouth dog or small pony, whatever you call it. Please pick up his treasures that he always seems to leave at the exact spot I will be stepping on the way to work in the morning. Enough said.
5. By the same token, using a quart of aftershave or perfume on a sweaty, dirty body does not make you smell clean and pretty!! That gagging and choking crowd I was talking about before??? Please add puking to the list.
6. Don't pick your nose in public. Yes I understand that having a boogey in there can drive you nuts, but either get a tissue or step into a bathroom. Do NOT put your finger in to the first knuckle and start digging for gold. It MAY have been cute when you were 2 (I don't think so, but some do), but now it is just plain gross. If for some ungodly reason you can't control yourself, please at least don't flick it off your finger so that some unsuspecting soul gets it in the face or steps on it with a bare foot.