We have been married for 24 years. We have 5 kids: Josh, Jacki, Jaycee, Amberly & Elizabeth. We also have 5 grandchildren: Ezequiel, Tatiyana, Anaya, Zemicha & Zariah. Zariah is in heaven watching over us for now. We have 5 tiny Chihuahua's, a cat with a never ending supply of kittens and a never ending line of strays brought home by the little girls. We are doing our best to muddle through on this rollercoaster called life!!
I never thought last August 24th when I made my first post on here that I would EVER get to the 200th one, let alone get there in less than a year. I kind of poked around a lot of blogs and saw what people were doing to celebrate their blog milestones and decided I liked the ones that answered questions. I have gotten dozens of questions, but somehow never really felt comfortable answering questions asked by strangers. But I have made some great "bloggy" friends and I am starting to feel a bit more comfortable so I guess I will take a stab at it. So here we go all the answers to the good, the bad and the unimportant things that people wanted to know.
1. You mention having 6 kids, but only talk about 5. Where is the other one. I have daughters that are 26, 25, 22, 6, and 4. I also have a 28 year old son that is currently incarcerated for a minor charge. He has done a lot of pretty rotten things, but he is getting his life together and will be joining us at home again soon.
2. How do you get so much stuff to give away? Lots of work, contacting companies, doing write ups and following up for the giveaways. Yes I get some cool stuff, but I earn it.
3. Don't you think you put too many pictures of your kids on here? Are you not worried about pedophiles? Of course I worry about pedophiles, but they will get what they want regardless and I don't put anything provocative up. People could get pictures of my kids off Flicker, PhotoBucket, Myspace or a dozen other places and I think my kids are beautiful and love sharing them with people.
4. You write a lot about your granddaughter. What happened to her? She was born with Kapisoform Endothelioma. Basically Pancreatic cancer. She lived a little over two weeks at home and 2 months in the hospital. She was the light of my life and I miss her more than anything, but I am so happy we had at least the short time we had with her.
5. You say some mean things about your family members- do you hate them, your inlaws specifically? I don't think I have said anything mean about my family. I am not my inlaws favorite person, but I have been in their family for over 22 years and I think they have learned to tolerate me pretty well. I do the same.
6. Do you really have tattoos and piercings? Yes. Although I now only have my ears pierced, I do have 9 tattoos and I have the next one designed, but not scheduled yet.
7. How many dogs do you have? I have 4 and my daughter who lives with me has 1. Although it sounds like a lot, they are all tiny and take up about as much room as just 1 regular sized dog. If you want one just let me know because I am always telling everyone I am getting rid of some of them.
8. Don't you think you should stop letting your dog have puppies? Do you believe in spaying and neutering? Yes and no. I don't want her to have them every heat cycle, but at some point in the future I would like to have some more. Yes I believe in getting them fixed. I have 2 females that I had spayed after a litter each. Out of those litters we kept 1 male puppy from each mom, 1 of those is neutered. I eventually will have the other 2 done, but I am not ready to do it yet.
9. You do Blog Fart Fridays, don't you think that is kind of gross? Obviously you either have not read the posts or you are way to serious to be here. If you haven't read it, it isn't about farts it is about little bursts of thought that I can't think of enough stuff to really make a post out of.
10. What made you adopt 2 small children when your kids were pretty much grown? It was more out of necessity than wanting to. I couldn't stand the thought of those sweet babies going into foster care and being adopted outside our family so we took them. We tried having a baby for several IVF cycles about 12 years ago, so it isn't really too much different than if we would have had our own then. To be totally honest I look into adopting more every few months. I would love to give more kids that need a loving home one that wants them, but so far it hasn't worked out. Mostly because I just don't make enough money to pay all the outrageous fees.
11. You talk about your "united nations" grandchildren, what races are they? I have 3 Caucasian, 2 half Hispanic, 2 half Haitian, and 2 full Haitian. 2 of my grandchildren died as infants. The other 7 live all over and I love it when we can all get together for a united nations reunion.
12. You talked about your daughter being on a lot of medicine, what is wrong with her? She has MS and recently had to have a cadaver bone put in her foot to rebuild her ankle. This is not taking well and she is having way too many problems and may lose her foot. It is very painful and wearing on her.
13. A while back you had some people really harping on you about stealing their posts or something, what was all of that about? It was an honest mistake and there were two different ones. When I started blogging I didn't know how to link things to people so I just left a comment on the bottom of the post if I quoted someone and I now realize that is not good enough. I also put some jokes on that I had gotten in my email and I had no clue who wrote them and in all honesty the person bugging me probably didn't either, but since they had seen them before going around the internet they jumped on me. The other one was a post that was suggested to me by a former friend and it turns out she had stolen the information from someone else. I was threatened and called every name in the book over this, but I think I have it all figured out now and I will also never ask anyone else for things to write about so if my posts are boring- it is all my fault!!
Well that is about it, of course I paraphrased so this post wouldn't be 8 pages long. I know, boring as all get out, but that is me and what you see is what you get.
See this 4Loot box?? Click on it and search something- please!!
Our Crazy Life
Add Our Button
OurCrazyLife..........is currently looking for fun, unique, crazy and fabulous products to be reviewed. If you are interested in having your product reviewed and/or hosting a giveaway through our site, please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
**Upcoming Giveaways and/or reviews**
Silver Girl Jewelry