CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

~~Fiesta Days 2009 & Rude People~~

I have always tried to be courteous and use my manners. I was always taught to say “Excuse me” and "Yes Ma'am or Sir" and my Granny would give me a whack if I forgot so it was ingrained into me at an early age. I try to instill those traits in my children by teaching and by my example.

On Wednesday we took the kids to the rodeo in our town for the annual Fiesta Days. That day I encountered several rude people. Was it National Rude Day and no one told me? Gosh, if I had a warning I could have prepared some snappy comebacks or something, but no~ I was at a disadvantage because nobody notified me before I got there.

Kids kicking us in the back and one spilled a soda down my back and not so much as even an "I'm sorry", not even from the mom of said child. The dad did hand us a napkin he had, but other than that it wasn't even recognized that he had done it except for him laughing about it.

One child pushing and bumping into Amber until she almost fell off the bleachers and all she was doing is sitting in her seat watching the rodeo. I turned around to say something to him and his mother or the female(maybe?) he was with, must have been a descendant of a Pit Bull because she actually snarled at me before I said a word. So I let that one go which is so unlike me.

Some grown men(again ?) sitting in front of us could obviously see we had 4 little girls with us and they kept using the most vulgar language and gestures. I am far far far from a prude, but they were completely inappropriate. They kept standing up in front of the girls too and had to be asked many times to sit down or move so we could see. I am not sure but I believe that if the first lady was a Pit Bull mix, these guys were part parrot and part spaz. Now I am not one to judge, but I guess you had to see them (OK, that is a total lie I judge all the time).
Again I let it go except for asking them to sit~ but I shouldn't have!

And last, as we were leaving, going down those steep wooden steps and some little beast kept trying to push us to get down faster. I had hold of the girls hands so they didn't fall far and I threw him some pointed dagger looks. Apparently that didn't mean a thing because not 2 seconds later he ducked under my arm and pushed his way between Amber and I and she did trip down a couple stairs. I got her upright and said "Just let him by before he knocks you down", not rude or even to him and his mother gave me a grunt, a dirty look and said "Be careful Brady, the fat lady will squish you".

Hmmmmm, her mistake! What she didn’t know is just what a shitty bitch I can be if provoked. So I let him squirm around me a little more and then I "accidentally" stepped on his mom's foot, HARD. I told her "Oh sorry, he got me off balance and I didn't want to step on him and hurt him". The look on her face was priceless. Reminded me of the credit card commercials, you know the ones.
Rodeo Tickets: $94
Snacks and Drinks: $52
Look on the mean lady's face after I stomped her foot: Priceless!!

Anyway here is a few pictures of last night. We really did have fun despite the rude people!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally laughed at the stepping on the lady's foot. I would've done that too! But, my comment would've been more like, "My bad! Did the "fat" lady step on your foot? Better yours than your son's!"

Wow! Rodeos are expensive! At least there was some fun in the midst of it all.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh so sorry. There seem to be more rude people than ever. I try to be twice as nice.
I am making way through all of the comments I received when I was featured on SITS. It really is a great SITSahood.
Thank you so much for visiting me and have a blessed day!

Alicia said...

man what a hag that lady was!! good for you!!! that was priceless indeed!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Remind me to never piss you off...however, I would have done the same thing!